EMI Absorber Sheet – IME5 Series
High permeability absorber, engineered for both RFID range improvement and EMI noise reduction.
- IME5 works to improve the range of RFID (13.56MHz) via the reduction of RFID-to-metal interference.
- The material consists of high permeability fillers in an elastomeric matrix, making it suitable for EMI noise attenuation.
|Property||Measured Value||Test Method|
|Thicknesses||0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 1.1mm (4, 10, 20, 40mil) (+/- 10%)||-|
|Area Size||Sheet size: 210mm x 297mm (8.5″ x 11″)
Roll size: 210mm x 10M, 20M, 50M upon request. (8″ x 30ft, 65ft, 160ft) (-5, +10%)
|Rec. Operating Temperature||-20C to 120C (-13F to 248F)||-|
|DC Surface Resistance||1 x 1012 Ω||ASTM D257|
|Thermal Conductivity||1.0±0.1W/m•K||ASTM D-5470|
|Tensile Strength||>1400kg/cm2||ASTM D-638|
|Hardness||90 +/- 10 (Shore A)||-|
|Tensile Elongation||>60%||ASTM D-638|
|UL Rating||UL94V0 Equivalent (t=>0.5 mm)
UL94VTM0 Equivalent (t=0.25 mm)
IME5 0.5mm Power Loss (P-loss/P-in)
IME5 0.5mm, Reflection Loss (S11)
Permeability vs. Frequency
- IME5 permeability graph via network analyzer; via modified ASTM D-5568
- µ’ is the real part of complex permeability. The value represents magnetic flux convergence.
- µ”=50 at 10MHz. This is the imaginary part of complex permeability. The value represents magnetic loss.
Q-Factor(1/[Tangent Loss] vs. Frequency
- IME5 Q-factor calculation from µ’/u”
- IME5 is designed for a high Q-factor at 13.56MHz.
- Q ~ 6 @ 13.56MHz
- The high Q-factor enables IME5 series absorbers to reduce interference from a metal surface.
- Engineered for RFID range enhancement.